What type of doctor provides a clear plastic dental retainer?

An orthodontist is the type of doctor who can provide a clear plastic dental retainer. He or she is a dentist who specialized in straightening teeth and correcting jaw problems. Your orthodontist can fit you or your child for a retainer and tell you when it should be worn and for how long.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What are the benefits of braces?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
In addition to the obvious cosmetic improvement of your teeth and smile, straighter teeth are easier...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...