What type of dentist provides metal braces?

Orthodontists, dentists who are specially trained to treat misaligned teeth, can provide invisible (lingual) braces.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Although any dentist is legally authorized to place braces on your teeth, an orthodontist is a dentist specialist with additional training in diagnosing and treating problems with the bite and alignment of the teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...
How do I know if my teeth are crooked and my bite misaligned?
To find out if your teeth are crooked and misaligned, see your dentist. Your dentist will take X-ray...