What could happen to my child's teeth if they do not get invisible braces?

If your child doesn't get invisible braces, or metal brackets attached to the back of his teeth, his teeth may shift, making them harder to clean. Bacteria and food can get trapped between the teeth, making your child more susceptible to gum disease and tooth decay. Crooked and overcrowded teeth could make it hard for your child to chew and talk. If your child doesn't get invisible braces, talk to an orthodontist about other types of braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...
How do orthodontics fit in among all the specialties of dentistry?
Edgar Y. Mendieta, DDSEdgar Y. Mendieta, DDS
An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized education beyond dental school and is a specialist at s...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...