What are some reasons why my child may not like wearing Invisalign braces?

While Invisalign braces are difficult to see on your child’s teeth because the trays are made of clear plastic, your child still might not like wearing them for the recommended 20 to 22 hours a day. They may affect your child’s speech for a while, until he gets used to wearing them. The Invisalign braces are supposed to be taken off when eating, which can be awkward for children, especially when with their friends. And of course your child needs to remember to put them back in his mouth after eating and not throw them out with the used napkin. Invisalign will give your child some free replacement aligner trays in case this happens.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is an orthodontist?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who first became a general dentist (usually 4 years of traini...
Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
How do I take care of my teeth if I have braces?
Braces can be dislodged by chewing hard foods or candy, or even chewing on things like pencils. It i...