What are the benefits of getting invisible (lingual) braces?

A key benefit to lingual braces is that they are invisible because they are cemented to the backs of teeth. This style of braces may work better for adult professionals and teenagers concerned about their smile and appearance. Another advantage is that lingual braces may be more comfortable because they are custom fit to the back of teeth.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Lingual braces have all the benefits of regular braces with one additional... because they are placed on the inside of the teeth, they are invisible! Regular braces and lingual braces will make your teeth look nicer, last longer, and be easier to care for. Lingual braces have all of these benefits in a more socially acceptable form. Ask your orthodontist if you are a candidate for lingual braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
How do I take care of my teeth if I have braces?
Braces can be dislodged by chewing hard foods or candy, or even chewing on things like pencils. It i...
What causes crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
You can inherit traits like a small jaw, big teeth, or missing teeth from your parents that can lead...