What are the benefits of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?

There are several potential benefits of getting a clear plastic dental retainer. If you wore braces, wearing a dental retainer can keep your teeth in line, preserving the work that your orthodontist did (and the investment of time and money you made in your teeth). A dental retainer is a good alternative to braces for some people. If you have a gap between your teeth, or one tooth that needs to be moved in order to fix your smile, excellent results can often be achieved by wearing a dental retainer.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do I have to wear braces on the outside of my teeth?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Most traditional braces are worn on the outside of the teeth, but there are alternatives. Braces ca...
What is a space maintainer?
A space maintainer is a device to keep a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soon. Baby...
What dental problems can a bad bite cause?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Correcting a malocclusion (bad bite) can result in better oral health because crooked and crowde...
What are orthodontic braces made of?
Orthodontic braces are made of non-magnetized materials of different types, including plastic, metal...