What are the alternatives to getting ClearCorrect braces?

There are several alternatives to getting ClearCorrect braces. ClearCorrect braces are also known as aligners. They use a series of clear plastic trays molded to the shape of your teeth. Every few weeks you change the ClearCorrect aligner tray, as your teeth gradually move to a new position. Invisalign is one alternative to ClearCorrect braces. It's a very similar product and also uses aligner trays. Both of these are considered removable braces, since they are not attached to your teeth and you remove the trays for eating and cleaning.

The other option is fixed braces. This type takes several forms. Traditional metal braces have brackets attached to the front of your teeth, along with a wire connecting them. Some orthodontists use other materials instead of metal for the brackets, such as plastic or ceramic. Another type of fixed braces are invisible, or lingual, braces. These are metal brackets, much like traditional metal braces, only they’re placed on the back side of your teeth, so they can't be seen when you smile. Another type of fixed braces are a traditional band. Instead of gluing a small bracket to your teeth, the orthodontist attaches a larger band that wraps around each tooth, with a bracket in front. These are easier to see and a little bulkier to wear.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
How do I know if invisaligns are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Invisaligns are right for you if: Your condition involves tipping or rotation of teeth. Think of...
What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...
How do I know if my teeth are crooked and my bite misaligned?
To find out if your teeth are crooked and misaligned, see your dentist. Your dentist will take X-ray...