At what age can my child get orthodontic reverse pull headgear?

Orthodontic reverse pull headgear is most often used around the time that a child's first adult teeth are coming in, usually between ages seven and nine.

Orthodontic reverse pull headgear can be used by older children, but is mostly intended for those who are still growing because the purpose of cervical headgear is often to adjust the shape of the bones.

Orthodontic reverse pull headgear is rarely used by young children who do not yet have adult teeth or by adults.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
How do I clean my retainer?
Yasaman S. Roland, DDSYasaman S. Roland, DDS
You can brush it with a brush and toothpaste. Soaking in peroxide for several minutes everyday will ...