How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if:
  • You're below the age of eighteen.
  • Your case is more severe. If there are big spaces to close or big movements to make, a fixed appliance (braces) needs to be used.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The best way to know if you need braces is to have a consultation with an orthodontist. At your first visit he will examine your face, bite, and teeth. He will be able to tell you what looks good and what could be improved. He will then present treatment options so that you can choose the best way to improve your smile. Give your local orthodontist a call today!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do orthodontics fit in among all the specialties of dentistry?
Edgar Y. Mendieta, DDSEdgar Y. Mendieta, DDS
An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized education beyond dental school and is a specialist at s...
Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...
Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...
What early orthodontic treatments are used for children?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
Some of the more common early orthodontic treatments that may help children include: Braces. Some...