How do I know if invisaligns are right for me?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
Invisaligns are right for you if: Your condition involves tipping or rotation of teeth. Think of it more as a minor type of orthodontics. Also, you need to be an adult with a fully-grown jaw. Children can't use this system because the appliance is pre-fabricated; everything is manufactured ahead of time, and it's hard to anticipate a child's growth patterns.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.
Todd A. Welch, DMD
Periodontics
The easiest thing to do is see an orthodontist. Many people do not realize that orthodontists do an extra 3 years of education specifically in orthodontics. General dentists can do invisalign, but if I were having invisalign, I would consult an orthodontist.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The best way to know if Invisalign is right for you is to get a formal consultation with an orthodontist. During your visit the doctor will examine your teeth and explain if and how braces or aligners (Invisalign) are right for you. Most orthodontists do not charge for this initial consultation.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...