How much does a wire dental retainer cost?

Costs for orthodontic treatment vary widely across the United States. Frequently, the cost of a wire dental retainer is covered in the “bundled” price you pay for braces.  Ask your orthodontist about the cost of the retainer and whether it is included in the overall cost for braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...
How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...