How long do I need to wear Invisalign braces?

Invisalign braces are usually worn for 1-3 years. Each case is based on individual assessment, needs, and diagnosis.

When using Invisalign braces, you will be given a series of aligners and you will see progress each time you move to the next aligner. You should be able to wear clear aligners such as Invisalign braces at all times, removing them only to eat. The length of time you must wear Invisalign is based on how quickly you progress and how committed you are to the entire treatment plan.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The length of any orthodontic treatment is determined by the complexity of the malocclusion being corrected. If the teeth are mildly out of alignment and not too crowded, your treatment may be less than 6 months. If your teeth are crowded, crooked, and you have bite problems, your treatment may be two years or more. Remember that Invisalign is just a tool, they can move your teeth no faster than traditional braces. In my office, most Invisalign cases take between 9 and 18 months.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Why do some people have crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Bad bite, or malocclusion, is when teeth that are crowded or crooked. In some cases your teeth may b...
Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...
Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...