How are titanium braces different than other braces?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Titanium braces work exactly the same as any metal braces. The theory is that titanium is more flexible than stainless steel and can flex and not come dislodged when a patient bites into something hard that they shouldn't. I don't think there is any clinical evidence to back that up. They work just fine, I just don't see any advantage.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
What are orthodontics and orthodontic treatment?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialty of dentistry. Its focus is on correcting misaligned teeth and j...
Do I have to wear braces on the outside of my teeth?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Most traditional braces are worn on the outside of the teeth, but there are alternatives. Braces ca...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...