How should I clean my retainer?

Dustin S. Burleson, DDS
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Caring for a retainer is simple because they can easily be removed. It is recommended that they are cleaned daily, in order to maintain good oral hygiene and get rid of plaque and food particles. How the retainer is cleaned depends upon the type that you have, so you will need to check with the orthodontist for the cleaning recommendations on your specific version.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
Am I too old to get braces?
The most common age for getting braces is 11 to 12. However, Dante Gonzales, DMD, explains in this v...