How do I prepare for getting invisible (lingual) braces?

You can prepare for getting invisible braces, which are metal brackets attached to the back of your teeth, by understanding how to care for them properly. Brushing and flossing will be more challenging with invisible braces, so learn how to do it properly to help prevent gum disease and tooth decay. Know how long you will wear your invisible braces and when to schedule adjustments. Prepare for invisible braces by learning which foods can damage them, such as popcorn, chewing gum, and hard candy. 

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are antimicrobial rinses okay if I wear braces?
If you wear braces, antimicrobial or antibacterial rinses might only be okay if you are an adult. Th...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...
How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...