How do I prepare for getting clear braces?

You can prepare for getting clear braces by visiting an orthodontist, a dentist who specializes in the prevention and correction of  irregularities and misalignment of the teeth. The orthodontist will examine and x-ray your teeth and jaw and may create a plastic mold of your mouth to reveal your bite. If your teeth are too crowded, the orthodontist may suggest pulling one or more teeth to make room. Your orthodontist will discuss your treatment plan, the types of clear braces (ceramic or plastic brackets, or clear plastic aligners) and which are best suited for you, and how long you will need to wear them.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are braces magnetized?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic braces can be constructed out of many different materials: plastic, crystal, porcelain, ...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...