How much does orthodontic cervical headgear cost?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Orthodontic treatment costs with cervical headgear may vary depending upon the severity of the malocclusion, and the fees in different offices. An orthodontic evaluation by your local orthodontist would be required.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Orthodontic headgear is used to restrain the growth of the upper jaw to correct an overbite in a growing child. It is used in conjunction with other orthodontic appliances (usually braces glued to the teeth) and is rarely used by itself. The cost of your headgear will be included in your treatment fee (unless you lose the one given to you by your orthodontist and have to replace it).

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...
How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...