How often do I need to wear a wire dental retainer?

Because a dental wire retainer is glued or bonded onto your teeth, it is worn 24 hours a day. 

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Am I too old to get braces?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
The most common age for getting braces is 11 to 12. However, Dante Gonzales, DMD, explains in this v...
Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
Brushing is definitely a challenge with braces, and most of the time, it is not enough to rid of the...
What is an orthodontist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics is a dental specialty. It includes the diagnosis, prevention, interception, and correct...