How do I know if I need Invisalign braces?

You will know if you need Invisalign braces by checking the way you bite and by talking with your dentist. If your top teeth extend over your bottom (overbite) or your bottom extend under your top teeth (under bite), you may benefit from Invisalign braces. These clear aligner trays treat minor to moderate alignment, crowding, or spacing problems.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The best way to know if you need orthodontic treatment of any kind is to get a formal consultation with an orthodontist. During your visit the doctor will examine your teeth and explain if and how braces or aligners (Invisalign) are right for you. Most orthodontists do not charge for this initial consultation.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...