How much do metal braces cost?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Fees for orthodontic treatment are determined by the complexity of the case, the length of treatment, the appliances that must be used, and the overhead of the practice providing the treatment. Fees also vary by region, treatment philosophy, cost of supplies used, and experience of the doctor. The best way to get an accurate quote is to have an examination by a board-certified orthodontist. Most do not charge for this initial exam. He can advise you on the severity of your problems and explain the treatment options best suited to your particular problem.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
How do I know if invisaligns are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Invisaligns are right for you if: Your condition involves tipping or rotation of teeth. Think of...
How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...