How much do invisible (lingual) braces cost?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Fees for orthodontic treatment are determined by the complexity of the case, the length of treatment, the appliances that must be used, and the overhead of the practice providing the treatment. Fees also vary by region, treatment philosophy, cost of supplies used, and experience of the doctor. The best way to get an accurate quote is to have an examination by a board-certified orthodontist. Most do not charge for this initial exam. He can advise you on the severity of your problems and explain the treatment options best suited to your particular problem. Typically lingual braces are one to two thousand dollars more that conventional ones.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
Why do some people have crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Bad bite, or malocclusion, is when teeth that are crowded or crooked. In some cases your teeth may b...
How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...
What is an orthodontist?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who first became a general dentist (usually 4 years of traini...