How long does getting invisible (lingual) braces take?

How long you will have to wear invisible (lingual) braces, which are less visible because they attach to the back of teeth, will depend on how badly your teeth are misaligned. Wear time for most types of braces, including the lingual-type brackets, usually ranges from one to three years.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...
How do orthodontics fit in among all the specialties of dentistry?
Edgar Y. Mendieta, DDSEdgar Y. Mendieta, DDS
An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized education beyond dental school and is a specialist at s...