How will I know if getting metal braces was successful?

Your orthodontist will follow you through the process of moving your teeth with metal braces. The orthodontist will tell you when you’ve achieved the best possible outcome with these braces. Generally, your teeth will be straighter, without gaps, and with your bite corrected. For the best results, it’s important that you follow your orthodontist’s instructions after the braces have been removed, because you may need to wear a retainer for a few years to keep your teeth aligned.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...
Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
What is an orthodontist?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who first became a general dentist (usually 4 years of traini...