How will I know if getting invisible (lingual) braces was successful?

Your orthodontist will follow you through the process of moving your teeth with invisible (lingual) braces. The orthodontist will tell you when you’ve achieved the best possible outcome with these braces. Generally, your teeth will be straighter, without gaps, and with your bite corrected. For the best results, it’s important that you follow your orthodontist’s instructions after the braces have been removed, because you may need to wear a retainer for a few years to keep your teeth aligned.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is a space maintainer?
A space maintainer is a device to keep a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soon. Baby...
What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...
Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...