How effective are invisible braces compared to other types of braces?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The color or style of braces has little to do with their effectiveness. The key is the diagnosis and treatment plan of the orthodontic specialist using them. Metal braces on the inside of the teeth and clear aligners that snap over the teeth can achieve identical results in similar cases in the hands of a qualified orthodontist. The color, location, and style are mainly a preference.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I take care of my teeth if I have braces?
Braces can be dislodged by chewing hard foods or candy, or even chewing on things like pencils. It i...
How can early orthodontic treatment help my child's self-esteem?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Early, or Phase I, orthodontic treatment can help correct problems like severe crowding, teeth that ...
What dental problems can a bad bite cause?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Correcting a malocclusion (bad bite) can result in better oral health because crooked and crowde...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...