How can I control pain related to having clear braces?

You can control pain while wearing clear braces with medication. When you first get your ceramic or plastic brackets, your mouth may feel sore. You can use over-the-counter pain medication to help relieve the discomfort. If your brackets rub against the inside of your mouth, rinse with warm salt water. If your pain continues, talk to your orthodontist about adjusting your clear braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
What are orthodontic braces made of?
Orthodontic braces are made of non-magnetized materials of different types, including plastic, metal...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...