How can I reduce complications after my child gets invisible braces?

You can reduce complications after your child gets invisible braces with good oral care. Invisible braces are attached to the back of the teeth, so food and bacteria can easily get trapped. Make sure your child brushes twice a day and flosses daily. Help your child avoid sticky and chewing foods such as gum and candy that can damage his invisible braces. Schedule regular cleanings with your child's dentist.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...
Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Braces, also called orthodontics, can improve the appearance of teeth in both children and in adults...
Are braces magnetized?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic braces can be constructed out of many different materials: plastic, crystal, porcelain, ...