How will an orthodontic chin cup affect the appearance of my teeth?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The changes made using an orthodontic chin cup are typically skeletal (orthopedic) in nature. However, most studies have shown that during and after chin cup therapy the relationships between the upper and lower teeth, and angles of the teeth achieve a more normal (ideal) pattern. Thus, chin cup therapy should improve not just the jaw relationships, but also the appearance of your teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do braces and retainers work?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
To put it simply, braces and retainers are 2 kinds of orthodontic appliances that place pressure on ...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
What is a space maintainer?
A space maintainer is a device to keep a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soon. Baby...
Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...