How will I know if my child's clear plastic dental retainer was a success?

Your orthodontist will let you know whether your child's clear plastic dental retainer was successful. The results will also be visible in your child’s straightened, improved smile. In most cases, if your child follows the orthodontist’s recommendations for use, you should see the results you want.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...
What are orthodontics and orthodontic treatment?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialty of dentistry. Its focus is on correcting misaligned teeth and j...
What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
What are the benefits of braces?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
In addition to the obvious cosmetic improvement of your teeth and smile, straighter teeth are easier...