How can I prepare my child for Invisalign braces?

Your child's orthodontist should explain to him what Invisalign braces are. The orthodontist will first assess your child's mouth, diagnosing bite and teeth problems, and will create a treatment plan. Your child's orthodontist may be able to create a computer representation of the entire process so your child will be prepared for each phase of treatment.

Your child must understand that by correcting bite issues, he can prevent premature wearing down of tooth surfaces and improve his speech patterns. He will also be able to bite and chew properly.

Your child must commit to following his orthodontist's instructions while he has Invisalign braces and after, when he may have to wear additional corrective devices to ensure long-term success.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Braces, also called orthodontics, can improve the appearance of teeth in both children and in adults...
What are the benefits of braces?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
In addition to the obvious cosmetic improvement of your teeth and smile, straighter teeth are easier...
How do I know if traditional braces are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Dental brackets (braces) are right for you if: You're below the age of eighteen. Your case is ...