How can I prepare my child for ClearCorrect braces?

Your child's orthodontist should explain to him what ClearCorrect braces are. The orthodontist will first assess your child's mouth, diagnosing bite and teeth problems, and will create a treatment plan. Your child's orthodontist may be able to create a computer representation of the entire process so your child will be prepared for each phase of treatment.

Your child must understand that by correcting bite issues, he can prevent premature wearing down of tooth surfaces and improve his speech patterns. He will also be able to bite and chew properly.

Your child must commit to following his orthodontist's instructions while he has ClearCorrect braces and after, when he may have to wear additional corrective devices to ensure long-term success.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
Can I wear braces if I'm pregnant?
Because women who are pregnant may experience sensitive teeth and gums, braces may add to this disco...
Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...