How can I help my child feel comfortable wearing clear braces?

You can comfort your child by explaining that clear braces -- either brackets or aligners -- won't show as much as metal braces. Clear plastic aligners can even be removed for cleaning and eating. You can explain that he will benefit from the treatment because he may be able to speak, eat, and smile better. And you can point out that people can continue to play sports and even play wind or brass instruments while wearing braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Are braces magnetized?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic braces can be constructed out of many different materials: plastic, crystal, porcelain, ...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...