How should my child care for their Invisalign braces?

The Invisalign aligner trays can easily be cleaned by brushing them with a toothbrush or cotton swab and rinsing them with water. You might want to avoid toothpaste, which is abrasive and can scratch the aligner. Don't use hot water on the tray, since it's made of molded plastic and can distort when exposed to heat. You can try commercially prepared cleaners, such as effervescent denture cleaner, or make your own soaking solution with diluted hydrogen peroxide (mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water). You can try this ratio with vinegar and water as well.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
How do I know if my teeth are crooked and my bite misaligned?
To find out if your teeth are crooked and misaligned, see your dentist. Your dentist will take X-ray...