How should my child care for their clear braces?

Your child should care for his clear braces by doing his very best not to damage them. Make sure your child avoids sticky and chewy foods such as bubble gum, caramel, and popcorn that can damage the brackets and wires. Ask your child to brush twice a day and floss daily around the clear braces. If your child wears clear plastic aligners, have him remove the aligner trays before brushing and flossing. Make sure your child wears protective gear such as a mouth guard when playing sports or helmets when cycling to prevent mouth injuries.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
What are orthodontics and orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics is the oldest specialty of dentistry. Its focus is on correcting misaligned teeth and j...