How should I care for my metal braces?

Good oral hygiene that includes regular teeth brushing and flossing are even more important when wearing braces, including metal braces. Keeping your teeth and braces clean will probably take more time than your usual routine. It is also recommended that you avoid crunchy foods or hard objects that could bend the brace wires out of place. Ask your dentist for a list of what you should avoid eating, including foods or candy that stick easily to braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
Are antimicrobial rinses okay if I wear braces?
If you wear braces, antimicrobial or antibacterial rinses might only be okay if you are an adult. Th...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...
Why do some people have crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Bad bite, or malocclusion, is when teeth that are crowded or crooked. In some cases your teeth may b...