How should I care for my invisible (lingual) braces?

Eat softer foods for the first few days of wearing your lingual braces and be sure to keep up with regular teeth brushing and flossing, which is even more important when wearing braces. There are also foods that are stringy or sticky that can get stuck on the brackets cemented to the backs of your teeth, so ask your dentist for a list of foods that you should avoid eating.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do orthodontics fit in among all the specialties of dentistry?
Edgar Y. Mendieta, DDSEdgar Y. Mendieta, DDS
An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized education beyond dental school and is a specialist at s...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...
How do I know if invisaligns are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Invisaligns are right for you if: Your condition involves tipping or rotation of teeth. Think of...