How should I care for my Invisalign braces?

Clean your Invisalign braces, also called aligners, by brushing and rinsing them with lukewarm water. Also be sure to brush and floss your teeth after eating and before you reinsert the aligners to ensure that anything you eat does not stain them. You can also purchase cleansing and sterilizing products from the makers of Invisalign. The company cautions against using hot water on the aligners as it may damage them.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...
How do I know if my teeth are crooked and my bite misaligned?
To find out if your teeth are crooked and misaligned, see your dentist. Your dentist will take X-ray...
What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...