How should I care for my clear braces?

You should care for your clear braces by avoiding any foods and activities that can damage them. Try not to eat sticky, chewy foods such as caramel, chewing gum, and popcorn that can damage ceramic or plastic brackets and wiring. Brush and floss your teeth carefully without damaging your brackets, and ask your orthodontist how to brush and floss to remove food debris that can get stuck in the braces. You can still participate in sports and other physical activity, but do your very best to avoid head and face injuries. See your orthodontist regularly for tightening and adjusting your clear braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...
What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...
What is a space maintainer?
A space maintainer is a device to keep a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soon. Baby...
Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...