How are ClearCorrect braces fitted?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The ClearCorrect system is a series of clear plastic aligners much like Invisalign. The "fitting" occurs when your orthdontic office takes very accurate impressions of your teeth that are used to create digital models. The teeth on these digital models can then be "straightened" by your orthodontist using software rather than pliers. Once he is satisfied with the result, he then submits his "prescription" for your smile to the factory where the aligners are constructed. When they are returned to your orthodontist, he then starts moving your teeth by snapping the first set of aligners over your teeth. You're on your way!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
How old do I have to be to start wearing braces on my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Since abnormal bites usually become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, orthodontic treatment o...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...