Does insurance cover Invisalign braces?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Insurance policies are written such that they either cover orthodontic treatment or they don't. If they do cover "braces," they will cover what ever tool the orthodontist selects to use be it braces, aligners, retainers, etc. If you have crooked teeth and have orthodontic coverage, the insurance company will pay the orthodontist to fix them regardless of which hardware he selects for the job.

Dr. Elif E. Oker, MD
Medical Toxicology
Insurance coverage for braces can vary. The best way to find out what your insurance plan covers is to contact the insurance company. Be sure to get any explanation in writing. It can be helpful to work with your dentist or orthodontist to be sure you understand your payment obligations for braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...
What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...