Does insurance cover ClearCorrect braces?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Orthodontic insurance is like glass coverage on your car... you either have it or you don't. If you have orthodontic coverage, your insurance will help pay for your teeth to get straight no matter what tool your orthodontist chooses to use. Examples of various orthodontic appliances include braces (silver and clear), lingual braces (braces on the inside of the teeth), aligners (Invisalign and ClearCorrect), and various types of retainers for the correction of mild problems. When the business office files your claim for you, they only have to indicate the problem that exists, not what hardware will be used to correct it.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...