Does insurance cover an orthodontic chin cup?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Orthodontic insurance plans usually do not dictate what type appliances the orthodontist can use. Most insurance plans will only cover a portion of the orthodontic treatment fees. The orthodontist is required to describe the treatment objectives when submitting an insurance claim, but not specify exactly what type of appliances are to be used.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What are the benefits of braces?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
In addition to the obvious cosmetic improvement of your teeth and smile, straighter teeth are easier...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
How do I clean my retainer?
Yasaman S. Roland, DDSYasaman S. Roland, DDS
You can brush it with a brush and toothpaste. Soaking in peroxide for several minutes everyday will ...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...