Does insurance cover orthodontic cervical headgear?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Orthodontic insurance plans usually do not dictate what type appliances the orthodontist chooses to use. Most insurance plans will only cover a portion of the orthodontic treatment fees. The orthodontist is required to describe the treatment objectives when submitting an insurance claim, but not specify exactly what type of appliances are to be used.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Are braces magnetized?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic braces can be constructed out of many different materials: plastic, crystal, porcelain, ...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...