Do ClearCorrect braces hurt?

The process of getting ClearCorrect braces does not hurt. The orthodontist takes x-rays and impressions of your teeth. The aligners are made specifically for your teeth.

You may experience some gum or tooth soreness after changing each tray because your teeth are moving. The soreness lasts only a few days, and indicates that the ClearCorrect braces are working.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

The process of moving teeth is inflammatory in nature. Pressure is placed upon a tooth which displaces it and closes the blood vessels on the opposite side of the socket. This causes a chemical reaction in the area which starts the tooth moving process to begin. When teeth receive this consistent pressure, whether it be from metal braces and wired or plastic aligners, discomfort is the result. Your teeth can't tell the difference!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
What are orthodontic braces made of?
Orthodontic braces are made of non-magnetized materials of different types, including plastic, metal...