Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?

Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musical instruments. Some instruments that may be harder to play are trumpets, trombones, French horns, or any of the brass instruments, as well as clarinets, oboes, flutes, or any of the woodwinds. In the first little while after you get braces, you may experience mouth soreness or canker sores while your mouth gets used to playing with them. But in time, it is possible to adjust with practice.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do orthodontics fit in among all the specialties of dentistry?
Edgar Y. Mendieta, DDSEdgar Y. Mendieta, DDS
An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized education beyond dental school and is a specialist at s...
Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
Are antimicrobial rinses okay if I wear braces?
If you wear braces, antimicrobial or antibacterial rinses might only be okay if you are an adult. Th...