At what age can my child get an orthodontic mouth guard?

The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that children of all ages wear a mouth guard while participating in sports that pose a risk of injury, such as basketball, football, gymnastics, hockey, baseball and volleyball.

There are several types of mouth guards. Orthodontic mouth guards can be made to fit over braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...