Why should I become an organ donor?

You should become an organ donor because donating healthy body parts after your death can save the lives of up to eight people and affect countless others, including their families and loved ones. Becoming an organ donor is a personal and ethical choice. It shows that you are interested in helping other individuals in need.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

How are donated organs preserved?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Just prior to being removed from the donor, each organ is flushed free of blood with a specially pre...
Can I sell my organs?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
No, you cannot sell your organs. The National Organ Transplant Act (Public Law 98-507) makes it ille...
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?