What will happen if I refuse to accept a CDC high-risk donor organ?

The final decision to accept a CDC high-risk donor organ rests with the patient. People who decide to refuse the organ do not lose their place on the transplant waiting list. However, the transplant team cannot predict when another organ will become available.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

Why should I become an organ donor?
You should become an organ donor because donating healthy body parts after your death can save the l...
What can I expect while waiting for an organ donation?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Snowboarder Chris Klug discusses the toughest part of organ transplants--waiting for an organ match....
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?