What questions should I ask about insurance for a transplant?

Questions you should ask your insurance company about insurance for a transplant include:
  • Is there an assigned individual who strictly works with transplant cases?
  • What is the “cap” on my benefits?
  • Are there deductibles I have to pay?
  • Does my insurance cover medications indefinitely, since most of my medications will be needed for the rest of my life?
Though funding issues can be worrisome, it is important to discuss these issues at length with the transplant center’s social worker. Keep the social worker advised of any changes in your insurance coverage and funding.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What can I do if I am not on a Medicare Part B plan for a transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Transplant recipients not eligible for Medicare Part B will have access to immunosuppressive and non...
What are some common terms used with organ donations?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
An organ donor is anyone - living or dead - who provides an organ. The person receiving the organ is...
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?