What questions should I ask about the cost of a transplant?

You should ask the following questions about the cost of a transplant:
  • Will my insurance cover the cost of hospitalization, outpatient follow-up care and medications?
  • Will there be expenses out of pocket, not covered by insurance?
  • How do I qualify for assistance with the State?
  • What happens if I can’t afford my medications after a transplant?
Many questions and concerns come to mind about affording a transplant. Few people and families are able to pay all the costs of transplantation from a single source. Most often you will rely on a combination of funding sources. 

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

How can a loved one who has a terminal illness be an organ donor?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Depending on the cause of death, organ and tissue donation may be possible. Sometimes the knowle...
Does every hospital have access to all organ transplants?
Ronald MartinRonald Martin
All hospitals do not have access to every organ for transplants. In this video, Ronald Martin, RN, w...
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?
The Science of Regenerative Medicine
The Science of Regenerative Medicine